It’s finally sun day!
Here are some fun facts about Sundays.
- In the western world, Sunday is considered part of the weekend. Schools are held Monday through Friday in Japan, Saturday in some schools, but considered the first day of the week in most other countries. In many countries, including the United States, Sunday is the first day of the 7-day week, even though it is part of the weekend. No confusion at all!
- The etymology of Sunday comes from Hellenistic astrology with seven “planets”: Saturn, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Moon.
- Although the day has pagan origins, it is holy in the Christian faith. This day was the day of the sun god in Roman culture. On March 7, 321, Rome’s first Christian emperor, Constantine I, proclaimed Sunday as the day of rest for Rome (similar to the Sabbath in Jewish culture, but on Saturday). The Sabbath isn’t usually as strictly observed as the Sabbath, but “Lazy Sunday” is a great thing and is encouraged to be observed regardless of faith.
- If you really like Sundays, consider converting to Catholicism. Saturday night mass counts as Sunday mass, which, at least liturgically, begins on Saturday night.
- Sunday newspapers were often the fattest of the week, with full-color comics and lots of extra content and specials (or they were often back when people got the Dead Tree Newspaper) . Sports such as American football and many cable his shows are also often broadcast on Sunday nights.
Of course, Wordle applies to all days of the week, including Sunday. Let’s take a look at this Sunday’s Wordle.
So my first guess for today is Ariel Named after the mermaid princess. The character has generated some controversy in the new live-action Disney remake, as the actress who plays live-action Ariel is Halle Bailey, who is black. I wrote about it on substack When I made a video about it on my YouTube channel For those interested in my non-Wordle content.
My next guess reduced the remaining 96 possible solutions to 52. But what a wonderful word! Odium. The definition of this word is quite unique. “The condition or fact of being hated or despised as a result of a despicable act or a reprehensible circumstance.”
When I hear speech Reminds me of Brandon Sanderson’s excellent fantasy epic Stormlight Archive. When I hear the phrase “Let’s go Brandon!” Consider Brandon Sanderson’s epic Kickstarter success.
From here on I stubbornly guessed the word with “I” in the middle (even if that wasn’t the best strategy) and I went thick We’ve narrowed it down to just one option. It was pretty easy to guess. rod Next . . . for victory! Haza!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2022/09/17/todays-wordle-hints-clues-and-answer—sunday-september-18th-456/ Wordle Today Tips, Clues, Answers — Sunday, September 18 (#456) Word of the Day