Like me, you just finished binging midnight club You may have one important question about Netflix, Mike Flanagan’s latest horror series.
There’s a season 2, right?
Midnight Club ended with numerous cliffhangers and an unfinished storyline, seemingly demanding a second season for itself. teeth Unusual for a Mike Flanagan series, I didn’t expect to see it here. The Haunting of Hill House, The Haunting of Bly Manor, and Midnight Mass were all his one-season stories that were self-contained, and we expected The Midnight Club to do the same.
However, Midnight Club is a huge passion project that Flanagan has been trying to make for decades, based on a book with more stories that could be adapted for future seasons. We designed it to need a second season and used goodwill with Netflix to make it happen.but we do No With an official declaration that Season 2 is yet to come, it’s too early to know how Midnight Club will perform.
What we do know is what Flanagan specifically said about season 2. Here he is via Elite Daily:
“This was designed to continue,” Flanagan said. “We won’t know what Netflix wants to do in another month or so. there are a lot of.”
“Some of the bigger questions this season weren’t answered. Those answers exist but were for next season,” he said. If season 2 doesn’t happen, he answers the question in an…unusual way. “I’ll put it on Twitter,” he said.
What plotline is Flanagan referring to? Now that the show is out, we know what they are. Spoiler follows.
- In the final moments of the season, it is revealed that Stanton has a Paragon tattoo. I’m almost certain she’s the daughter of an old cult leader who no longer speaks to her mother, and it seems she may be dying herself.
- We didn’t get any real answers, especially about the creepy old man and old woman who kept appearing to Ilona and Kevin, except that they could be “year eaters.”
- Especially Kevin appears one after another from A vision as experienced by Ilona.like an old man keeps spinning into the He when Ilona wakes up. It’s happened to me a few times and I find it suspicious.
- I don’t know if anyone actually lived in the basement and originally had a bed and everything there.
- We still basically don’t know if homes and rituals can heal people.
- I don’t know if the members of the Midnight Club can remain as ghosts and communicate in any other way than in very minor ways. The only ghostly beings we see are the shadows of death, which seem to follow old men and women, and those closest to death.
- Why is Mark so nice and normal?? That’s strange!
Anyway, we’ll have to wait and see when Netflix will officially comment on it. As Flanagan says, it could be a month or so.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/10/09/the-midnight-club-season-2-everything-we-know/ The Midnight Club Season 2: Everything We Know